Release Notes for stc version 6.0.3 to 6.0.4
- Increase fortran file names to 256 character length from 80.
- fix_pdb script updated as newer ubuntu no longer supports "tail +num" syntax.
- allow amino acid definitions file to have blank lines.
- bug in my installation script caused 32 bit linux version to break, this is fixed.
- default output directory is stc_out.
Release Notes for stc version 6.0.2 to 6.0.3
- mac powerpc version of software is included
- Update and standardize development packaging script
- library files are now in lib/stc instead of lib.
- Fix packaging mistake, batch_stc script updated and is now in lib/bin/batch_stc
- Print proper message if user selects Thermodynamics before calc ASA.
- minor changes to stc.command, update installation notes in documentation
Release Notes for stc version 6.0.1 to 6.0.2
- Add Linux 32 bit version
- Clean out temp files in the examples, thus only 11MB to download.
- Better recovery from errors found in calc_asa and thermo
- Histogram no longer shows domain error when only single amino acid in ligand
- Add jrb to examples (this is the example in the STC paper).
Release Notes for stc version 5.3.1 to 6.0.1
- Update executables for mac os x Lion. Only support linux and macosx from now on.
- Transfer tcl code and c fortran routines to starkit development platform.
- Update all installation scripts on the development side.
- Generalize the batch_stc script.
- Fix up greek letters in stc and stc documentation.
- Implement menu item to save histograms and windows in png/tiff/jpg format.
- Update all documentation and examples, now accessible via the Help menu.
Release Notes for stc version 5.3.0 to 5.3.1
- Small change in fix_pdb so that TER statements in pdb files
are parsed more reliably.
Release Notes for stc version 5.0 to 5.3.0
- Implementation of the batch button to
process multiple pdb files. Provide example usage in lib/examples.
- The main screen shows the current residue library in use.
This makes it easier for the user to find where the residues/atoms
are defined and whether the user agrees with the parameters set. Users
can set a custom residue library in the entry box provided or set it in the
- stc tcl/tk source code made available. Perhaps there are
others who wish to expand stc.
- For calc asa, stc notifies the user about missing atoms . In older
versions, stc would only make a note in the log file and move on.
- Fixed bug involving the customization of the residue library .
In previous versions, adding a blank line to the residue
library caused edpdb to dump.
- Fixed bug involving pdb files where the keyword TER has arguments
following it. I didn't realize that this was valid. Stc ignores any
arguments on the same line which starts with TER.
- Software copies stc.defaults to the users current directory.
This should make it easier for users to understand what options they
- Fix C1 Glu atom in jrb.free.pdb example, should be CD.
- Simplify the installation script. Also remove the sbin directory, it
is easier to have one bin directory instead of bin (executables)
and sbin (scripts).
- Update documentation and place STC example runs in lib directory.
More extensive example data are included.
- Allow user to set the output directory on the main screen. This is
useful for the mac aqua version where /tmp is the default setting.
This file last updated: